- This event has passed.
PrefabAUS Conference 2019
September 9, 2019 - September 11, 2019
prefabAUS is passionate about the role of prefabrication in transforming our built environment, such as decreasing construction time frames and construction waste while increasing quality, productivity and affordability.
prefabAUS is the hub for building prefabrication in Australia
- educating a wide audience about the benefits of modern building prefabrication
- acting as a portal for quality information about Australian building prefabrication
- exploring and addressing barriers to the uptake of building prefabrication
- encouraging research and development programs across the industry
- advocating on behalf of members
prefabAUS emerged from the Australian Research Council Linkage Grant Future Proofing Schools Round Table Session of June 2012, when 54 delegates from manufacturing, architecture, government infrastructure, and university research teams explored the future of prefabrication for the education sector. One core resolution that emerged from the Round Table Session was the need for a peak body for Australia’s prefabricated building industry to support collaboration, innovation and quality information sharing.
In this spirit, prefabAUS works with manufacturers, architects, building designers, engineers, and other construction professionals, affiliated industry associations, research bodies, client groups, government agencies, and regulatory bodies to advance Australian building prefabrication.