As mentioned in our previous support article about managing leads, not all Machines4U leads are made equal:
“There are different ways a lead will engage with your advert (i.e. how your buyers show interest/contact you) and each requires a different method to handle them.”
This includes email leads.
What Are Email Leads?
Our definition of an email lead is: a written enquiry submitted via the Machines4U platform, which is sent to your/the account’s designated email address. However, these tips will work for any leads you receive via email, whether through our platform or elsewhere.
Why Are Email Leads Important?
Well, for a start, an email lead is still a lead (‘well, duh’ we hear you say). And while it may not be as hot a lead as a direct phone call, it’s still highly important not to let these leads fall to the wayside.
According to our Machines4U user data, buyers will submit 3 enquiries per session. Generally, these enquiries are submitted via email (and often late at night).
That means, generally speaking, you have a 1 in 3 chance of making the cut for your buyer. We’ve talked about how to make yourself stand out amongst your competitors here.
Quick Tips For Handling Email Leads
Some quick tips for turning that written lead into a sale:
- Answer them as quickly as possible, even if it’s first thing in the morning. It could make the difference between you or your competitor getting the sale.
- Be as helpful as possible (make sure you answer all their questions, not just the last one).
- Try and build a rapport with the buyer. They may not be ready to buy, but if you make a good impression now, you’ll be the first one they come to when they are!
- When email leads come through, we provide you with as much detail as possible. We don’t believe in providing a restrictive messaging service, so make sure you use your customer’s data to your advantage.
If you don’t have the time for emails and would prefer a phone call, contact your Machines4U account manager who can help switch off email enquiries.
Are The Right People Getting Your Lead Emails?
Making sure your leads are sent to the right person is as critical as the leads themselves.
To make sure the right people are getting lead emails, check your Machines4U account preferences and opt to CC in managers or certain sales team members. Simply login to Machines4U and head to Account>Preferences.
Can’t check your emails? Perhaps SMS alerts are for you. Or you can opt for fax alerts (for those branches still operating in the 1990s).
Keep Getting The Same Questions?
One thing we’ve found is sellers with bare ads tend to get emails asking similar questions. To save yourself time from answering the same old questions, add it to your machine’s ad description and answer the questions before they’re even sent to you! This has two big benefits:
- You will save yourself the hassle of following up on questions that don’t eventually lead to the sale.
- The leads you do get will be more qualified, because they already have the information they need to make a decision.
So, there you have it. Our main tips for handling email leads. Do you have anything you want to add? Let us know in the comments below!
*Stats via Machines4U buyer data, accurate at time of publication.