- Private advert listings are for companies disposing of used machinery only.
- Make and model fields must only include Make & Model information
- Machinery Description must be at least 100 characters long
- Seller contact details should not be included in the description
- Keyword spamming is not permitted
- Each advert must include at least one photo
- Photos must be of the actual machinery
- Adverts must not misrepresent items
- Use of offensive language or profanities in listings is not permitted
- Machinery dealers may include one video per advert
- Adverts cannot infringe third party intellectual property rights
- Machinery listed must be available for sale
- Only one machine may be listed per advert
- Adverts must be machinery or equipment related
- Buyer enquiries must be answered within 48 hours
- Sold machinery must be removed within 48 hours
- Adverts must comply with Australian Fair Trading Laws
- Duplicating an advert or listing the same machine more than once is not permitted
Private adverts are for private used machinery sales only. Private adverts placed by machinery dealers are automatically suspended.
The make and model fields are purely for the inclusion of machine make and model for accurate classification of your machine. Any other information should be included in the Description field. “Caterpillar” “D6T” tractor for example. The make field should only include “Caterpillar” and the model field should only include “D6T”.
Information that you should consider including in the advert are the make, model, condition, working hours, parts or support included and location. Good descriptions result in more genuine and informed sales leads
Seller contact details including but not limited to phone, fax, email and web, cannot be included in the description. Doing so opens your personal details up to spammers and does not allow you to track the performance of your advert from your statistics. All your contact details are included automatically on each advert.
Adverts must not use brand names or other words inappropriately for the purpose of attracting buyers to a listing.
Each advert must include at least one photo. Adverts that include many photos significantly increase the likelihood of enquiries and sales.
Photos for adverts must be of the actual machine being listed. Unacceptable photos
include logos, icons, computer generated images, unrelated or generic images and duplicated photos.
The item must be described accurately and honestly in your advert.
Misrepresentation can include:
- listing ads in inappropriate categories
- entering keywords in the title or description that do not appropriately describe the item
- identifying an inaccurate location of the item
You must not use offensive language or profanities as your listing may come across as being unprofessional and may discourage potential buyers.
Dealers may include only one video per advert. The video must be relevant to the machine in the advert. The video must be unique for each advert, generic or repeated videos will not be accepted by the system.
Infringements include, but are not limited to the following:
- Copying and displaying a third party’s logo, item description, photo either from another seller’s advert or from any other source.
- Listing or selling an imitation or copy of a brand name’s product.
Any machinery listed on the site must be available for purchase. If the item is not in stock the lead time must be clearly stipulated in the description.
Adverts must not feature multiple machines unless the models are identical. Each machine should be listed in a separate advert.
Machines4u.com.au specialises in business to business machinery sales and does not accept general sales advertising non-machinery related items.
Buyer enquiries must be answered within 48 hours as studies show that a sure fire way to increase the likelihood of a sale is to respond quickly to enquiries. Failure to respond to enquiries may result in your adverts being removed as they will be deemed “not available for sale”.
To ensure the marketplace is current, machines that are sold should be removed from Machines4u within 48 hours.
All listing and advertising must comply with the Australian Fair Trading Act. For Fair Trading Act details, contact Consumer Affairs in your state or territory.
Listing the same machine more than once will result in Machines4u suspending the offending adverts until they have been revised or removed permanently by the dealer. For ‘new’ equipment where multiple items are in stock we recommend that you utilise our ‘Number in Stock’ feature. Duplicating content is penalised by search engines and results in a inevitable drop in sales leads.