- November 2, 2022
- No Comment
Dry Ice Blasting Provides a Safe, Time Efficient way to Clean Electrical Components
Presented by AKA Cleaning
The Importance of Regular Maintenance
When a badly maintained machine breaks down, it is unable to produce the product that the company sells leading to a loss of sales and income. By ensuring that machine cleaning and maintenance are carried out regularly, you substantially reduce the impact of machinery and equipment failure and protect your bottom line.
Electrical Component Cleaning
Maintenance is a key component for the effective operation of electrical equipment. Electrical equipment failures account for millions of dollars of lost production each year. Aging electrical infrastructure increases the odds of equipment failure exponentially. Regular maintenance is key with 3 times greater failure rates occurring when scheduled preventive maintenance is avoided.
In addition, a planned ERP (Equipment Reliability Program) allows the equipment owner to schedule the system outage at a time of their choosing rather than having to correct major problems resulting from an always untimely failure. Unplanned outages wreak havoc with supply chains.
Electrical Equipment Failures – ARC FLASH CAUSES
An Electric Arc is a short circuit through the air.
- Dust & Impurities – Dust and impurities on insulating surfaces can provide a path for current, allowing it to flashover and create an arc discharge across the surface.
- Corrosion – Corrosion of equipment creates impurities on insulating surfaces.
- Condensation – Water vapor can drip causing tracking on the surface of insulating materials. This can create a flashover to ground.
- Spark Discharge – Accidental contact, Dropping tools
- Failure of Insulating Materials – Exposed surfaces that can provide a path for current.
- Improper Work Procedures – Untrained/Uncertified technicians and improper PPE usage.
At Polarblasting Systems, we are invested in helping with regular maintenance and cleaning by offering a range on Intelblast Dry Ice blasters. We offer clients the choice of rental machines, purchasing machines out right or assisting to get the correctly accredited contractor assigned to the job.
How Dry Ice Blasting can Assist with the Cleaning of Electrical Components and Prevent Arc Flashes
Dry Ice Blasting is known to be an excellent waterless, cleaning process but how can it help with the cleaning of electrical components?
- Dry Ice blasting Increases up-time through in-place cleaning – The process is fast, thorough and can be performed on-line without disassembly and without the need for drying time.
- Cleans without damaging the substrate – Dry Ice Blasting is non-abrasive. It quickly removes most contaminates without damage to switches, panels, lines, tubes, wiring or belts.
- Reduces or eliminates the need for hazardous solvents – Dry Ice Blasting replaces chemical or solvent based cleaning and manual scraping.
- Quicker and more thorough clean than cleaning by hand – get a more detailed and quicker clean with CO2 by getting into tight spaces that are inaccessible by hand.
- Safe around electrical components – This versatile process cleans heavy industrial build up without damage to sensitive areas like electrical components, switches, wiring, photo electric sensors, etc.
Sounds a little magical, doesn’t it?
Electrical equipment cleaned using dry ice blasting. Source: Supplied.
Why choose Intelblast and Polarblasting for your Dry Ice blasting requirements?
Intelblast was founded 2012 in Denmark, and has international production facilities where the machines are developed, designed, produced and tested prior to operation in Denmark and the secondary plant in Spain. The Intelblast machines are made in stainless steel and all components are from top international suppliers like FESTO and SIEMENS. As a market leader, Intelblast demonstrates superior technology and innovation.
Intelblast distributes their machinery to over 25 countries, and now includes Australia in their client footprint due to the demand for sophisticated cleaning processes and the added benefits that businesses incur when using Dry Ice Blasting systems.
Polar Blasting Systems is the direct importer of Intelblast Dry Ice Blasters, and an exclusive Australian and New Zealand distributor and service agent. Polar Blasting System’s Director, Richard Hilton deals directly with the manufacturer in Denmark and has the full support of their design and manufacturing team, keeping abreast of industry innovation.
Polar Blasting Systems provides several Intelblast solutions depending on your needs
- Hire the equipment to you, including supplying the dry ice pellets.
- Sell you the equipment outright.
- Connect with a fully qualified contractor to do the work for you.