- January 21, 2019
- No Comment
How To Upload A PDF To Your Ad
PDFs should be a vital part of your online selling strategy. While not as qualified or ‘hot’ as an email or phone enquiry, the humble PDF is still a very useful tool for snagging prospects at the top of the sales funnel.
We go into more detail about why PDF leads are important here.
Before we continue, please note you’ll need to be a Machines4U member or upgrade your ad to unlock the PDF upload feature.
What Type Of PDF Info Should I Add To My Listing?
Buyers who want your PDF need to hand over their details to get it. If your PDF is irrelevant or doesn’t supply useful information, 2 things will happen:
- The buyer is going to go elsewhere to find the info — you’ll lose the lead
- The buyer will lose trust in downloading other PDFs on your listings
This is why it’s important to always attach relevant information specific to the machinery you’re selling. Things like product brochures, machine spec sheets and other relevant information will help you move one step closer to making the sale.
Adding A PDF To Your Listing
Now we get to the easy part! Once you have the PDFs you want to upload to your listing, save them somewhere handy (like on your desktop). You can add PDFs 2 ways:
If you’re uploading your listing from scratch, follow these steps. Underneath the video upload section, you will see the Upload PDF option (image below).
Or you can also add a PDF to a listing that’s already live.
To do this:
- Login to your Machines4U Account
- Click ‘My Adverts’ in the homepage dropdown
Click ‘Content’ in your Account Dashboard and click ‘Live’ to see your current live ads
- Search for your ad/listing
4. Once you find your listing, click ‘Edit’ on the right-hand side
5. Scroll to the end of the page and you’ll see the upload PDF button:
6. Once you’ve uploaded your PDFs, hit ‘Save’ and you’re done!