- February 11, 2019
- No Comment
2019 EquipmentWatch Award Winners Announced
In this article:
- 2019 EquipmentWatch Award winners announced
- Deere wins a 4 total awards for LCO
- Caterpillar wins a total of 4 awards for HRVA
EquipmentWatch is the world leader in data, software and insights for the heavy equipment industry. Recently, they announced the winners of their 2019 Highest Retained Value Awards (HRVA) and the 2019 Lowest Cost of Ownership Awards (LCO).
Unveiled in Orlando alongside the AED Summit on February 4, there were a few key OEMs taking home numerous awards for their machinery.
“The goal of the EquipmentWatch awards program is not only to help equipment buyers objectively understand the best performing machines,” says Garrett Schemmel, EquipmentWatch vice president.
“[but also] to recognize manufacturers for building these higher quality, durable, and cost-friendly machines that power our industry. We’re proud to announce our 2019 award winners… which represent world-class products.”
This data corresponds with our own search data, available to all members of Machines4U. For instance, we’ve seen a rise in searches for Komatsu and Case, just to name a few.
Lowest Cost of Ownership Awards
The LCO has 15 award categories, where no award category contains more than 2 equipment series from the same manufacturer. EquipmentWatch calculates ownership costs according to standard Rental Rate Blue Book and method.
2019 Lowest Cost of Ownership Award Winners
- Backhoes: Caterpillar 430
- Small Dozers: Komatsu D39
- Large Dozers: Deere 950
- Drum Compactors: Dynapac CA60
- Compact Excavators: IHI 9
- Small Excavators: JCB JS130
- Medium Excavators: Doosan DX300
- Large Excavators: Volvo EC700
- Compact Loaders: Bobcat T500
- Small Skid Steer: Bobcat S70
- Large Skid Steer: Case SR200
- Small Wheel Loader: Deere 324
- Medium Wheel Loader: Deere 624
- Large Wheel Loader: Volvo L180
- Rear Dumps: Komatsu HM300
- Motor Graders: Deere 800 Grader
- Lift Trucks: Caterpillar TH
- Scissor Lifts: Custom Equipment HB
- Articulating Boom Lifts: Snorkel AB
- Telescopic Boom Lifts: Genie S
Highest Retained Value Awards
The HRVA has 30 award categories. To be considered, all series must have all models still in production, and have at least 1 model contained in the EquipmentWatch Residual Values application. EquipmentWatch’s residual values are calculated according to market depreciation standards.
Outstanding OEMs in 2019’s Highest Retained Value Awards include: Caterpillar (4 awards), Deere (3 awards), Case (2 awards), and Komatsu (2 awards).
2019 Highest Retained Value Awards Winners
- Backhoes: Case 580
- Small Dozers: Dressta TD
- Large Dozers: Komatsu D375
- Drum Compactors: Ammann ASC110
- Compact Excavators: Kubota U
- Small Excavators: Komatsu PC70
- Medium Excavators: Caterpillar 325
- Large Excavators: Deere 800
- Compact Loaders: Bobcat MT
- Small Skid Steer: Caterpillar 220
- Large Skid Steer: JCB 200
- Small Wheel Loader: Volvo L20
- Medium Wheel Loader: Liebherr L530
- Large Wheel Loader: Caterpillar 970
- Rear Dumps: Caterpillar 720
- Motor Graders: Case 800
- Tandem Compactors: Dynapac CC10
- Telehandlers Lift Trucks: JLG Telehandler
- Warehouse Lift Trucks: Mitsubishi FG
- I.C. Scissor Lifts: Genie GS RT
- Electric Scissor Lifts: Skyjack SJIII
- Articulating Boom Lifts: Haulotte HA RT
- Telescopic Boom Lifts: Snorkel TB
- Balers: Massey Ferguson 1700
- Sprayers: RoGator RG
- Combines: Case IH Axial-Flow 140
Small Tractors: John Deere 2R
Track Tractors: John Deere 8RT
Large Tractors: New Holland T7
- Corn Headers: Drago Series 2
Congratulations to all who took home EquipmentWatch Awards this year!
If you want access to data and insights specific to your brand and industry, why not explore a Machines4U membership?